Last updated: 24 May 2018
Tristel Solutions Limited and the Tristel group (see here to for more information https://tristel.com/it-it/about-us/worldwide-presence) (collectively “Tristel”) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect when you engage with any of our services (collectively our “Services”), including for example:
– Via the www.tristel.com/it-it website (the “Website”)
– If your organisation purchases any products from us
– If you register for or attend one of our events or surveys
– If you contact us with an enquiry about any of our services
– If you utilise one of Tristel’s applications, such as our product Training Portal or Operator App
– If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
– We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed.
What does Tristel do?
Tristel is a company specialising in the manufacturing of infection control, contamination control and hygiene products, headquartered in the United Kingdom but with group companies all around the world. Our Services all serve to promote the sale and distribution of our disinfectant products. For more information about Tristel, please see the “About Us” section of our Website at https://tristel.com/it-it/about-us.
What personal information does Tristel collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
– Information that you provide voluntarily
Depending on which of our Services you engage with, we may ask you to provide or you may choose to provide personal information to us. For example:
– If you wish to contact us with an enquiry or complaint (whether via “Contact Us” via our Website or otherwise) we will typically ask you to provide your name and email address, organisation and information relating to your enquiry or complaint to help us to process it.
– If you wish to subscribe to one of our mailing lists, we will ask for your name, email address and organisation.
– If you wish to purchase Tristel goods on behalf of your organisation, we will ask you to provide your name, email and role for use managing the customer relationship and contacting you for invoicing and account management purposes.
– If you register to use our product Training Portal we will ask you to provide your name, email address, phone number, organisation, role and department to track your training results and share them with your employer.
– If you agree to participate in a post market customer or end user survey, we will ask you to provide your name, contact details and survey responses which we will then use to help improve our products and Services.
– Information that we collect automatically
Again, depending on which of our Services you engage with, we may automatically collect certain personal information about you.
When you visit our Website or use one of our applications, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or our applications, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website or application, where they come from, and what content on our Website or application is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website or application to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology”.
– Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may also receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us. This may include our distributor partners or other existing customers by referral if they have identified that your business may be interested in hearing about our products.
The types of information we collect from third parties will include your name, contact details and role and we use the information we receive from these third parties to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you and to communicate with your business about our products.
Who does Tristel share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
– to our group companies, third party services providers and partners (such as distributors) who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website or to manage our marketing communications), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information (for example our distributors may use the information we share with them for the promotion, sale and support of our products). A list of our current group companies and distributors is available here https://tristel.com/it-it/about-us/worldwide-presence. Our service providers fall into the following categories:
– Hosting service providers (located in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Shanghai)
– Marketing service providers (located in the US)
– Training Service providers
– to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
– to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
– to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), these interests will normally be to operate our Website and services safely and securely, to communicate with you as necessary to provide our Services to you and for other purposes relating to the promotion, sale and support of our products and services, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our Services, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Tristel keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
We require our service providers and other parties with whom we share your personal information to apply appropriate technical and organisational security measures when they process your personal information that we share with them.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Germany and Shanghai, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate globally. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. These include implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law.
Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided on request. We will implement similar appropriate safeguards with our third party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
Tristel Solutions Limited
Lynx Business Park
Cambs CB8 7NY
Tel: 01638 721500
The data controller of your information will be:
Tristel Solutions Limited if you are a visitor of our Website or user of one of our applications; and/or
The relevant Tristel Group entity that you are purchasing Tristel products from or consuming Services from.